Working Together to Safeguard the Children and Young People of Liverpool
Section 13 of the Children Act 2004 required each local authority to establish a Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB).
Section 14 of the Children Act 2004 sets out the objectives of LSCBs, which are:
- To coordinate what is done by each person or body represented on the Board for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the area; and
- To ensure the effectiveness of what is done by each such person or body for those purposes.
The Government's Statutory Guidance, Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) defines safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment;
- Preventing impairment of children's health or development;
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best life chances;
- Undertaking that role so as to enable those children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
Everyone's ResponsibilitySafeguarding children - the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm - is everyone's responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.
LSCB Key Documents:
- LSCB Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF)
- LSCB Annual Report 2011-2012 (Word)
- LSCB Business Plan April 2011 - March 2012 (Word)
- LSCB Annual Report 2010-2011 (Word)
Liverpool Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB):
Liverpool Safeguarding Children Board is chaired independently in order to provide effective scrutiny and hold all agencies to account for the effectiveness of their services and how they work together.
Links to Statutory Partners:
|Liverpool City Council (Social Care and Education)||www.liverpool.gov.uk|
|Merseyside Probation Trust|
|Youth Offending Service||www.liverpool.gov.uk|
|Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group|
|Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust||www.alderhey.nhs.uk|
|Aintree University hospital NHS Foundation Trust||www.aintreehospitals.nhs.uk|
|Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust||www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk|
|Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust||www.rlbuht.nhs.uk|